From a religious stand-point, Jesus once asked his 12 disciples: Which of you by worrying can add a single strand of hair to your head? Now, you may be of a religious background or maybe not, but, think about that statement and youíd see why worrying, a main symptom of anxiety and depression is quite unnecessary.
Reduced to its simplest form, what is worry? It is simply an unhealthy and destructive mental habit that- believe it or not folks-you were not born with but simply acquired out of practice. The good news is, with aggressive actions, as with any habit and acquired attitude; we can be worry free and eliminate it from our lives successfully.
In the words of Dr. Smiley Blanton, a noted Psychiatrist: Anxiety and depression is the great modern plague. Other psychologists go on to say worry a noted symptom of any form of depression, is the most subtle and destructive of all human diseases. When we worry excessively, we disintegrate our inner workings as humans and really put a lot of things out of order. Needless to say avoiding worry as a step of treating depression and anxiety will be the first step for our own benefit.
Anxiety Depression: Steps to take to be Worry Free:
The following steps should be used to deal with anxiety and depression and its main symptom, worry. When used wisely and effectively, you will inevitably be successful at these natural depression help techniques.
1. Practice Mind-drainage: Empty your mind of pessimistic and negative thoughts, especially before going to and after waking up from sleep. This involves some degree of imagination. (the same imagination-mind you that you are actually using to aggravate your present situations didnít realise that eh?). This mind-draining strategy cannot be overemphasised as I will let you know, if you fear something for a long period of time, it may actually come to pass.
For the thing which I feared has come upon me (Job 3:25)
2. Fill up the mind with powerful thoughts of happiness and success to fill up the vacuum now left in the mind. You become a worrier by practising it, you can be worry-free by practising the opposite.
3. Say positive things about those things you previously spoke negatively of.
4. Never participate in a worry conversation. Induce your conversation with posetive and worry-free statements.
5. Make friends with optimistic people, practice meditation.
6. Exercise and eat right. Youíll be making yourself look and feel better and consequently stronger through the process for overcoming depression and anxiety becoming worry free.
No one is saying things will be automatically changed overnight. No, it takes work. However with direct and equally aggressive actions as the destructive worry habits one may be indulging in, anxiety and depression can be overcome and you too can be worry free if you believe in your mind you can.