Online Support Groups (OSGs) are Facilitator-led and topic specific. OSGs are open spaces for members to share their experiences, find support and support each other. OSGs are designed to facilitate peer support but also to explore ways to make your feel better. A component of OSGs is to share and identify better coping strategies to help members through difficult times. Members participating in OSGs can do so anonymously and can expect that all members present feel respected, safe and heard.
- Do not “derail” conversations within Group. The group leader will oversee proceedings in Group and ensure that all members present are heard and responded to. If you wish to share your similar experience with the Group, you may.
- Thank the people that help you. It would be lovely if you would stay around and help others – we encourage it!
- Do not recommend treatments or medications – you may say that you found a particular treatment helpful, but only a medical professional can recommend treatment for someone else.
- Do not post insulting, prejudiced or offensive messages; they will be deleted. Be mindful of how others may be feeling and phrase your posts accordingly.
- Do not discredit or criticise another user’s posts. People come here in a state of emotional distress and do not come here for judgement. “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”!
- Do not post any personally identifying information on the site. This includes your email address, name, the town that you live in, names of relatives, friends or family members, and photographs.
- Accept the decisions of the group leader, they are following the site rules when they make a decision to edit or delete a post. They are not responsible for the site rules.
- Do not encourage or promote illegal or unethical activity.
- Do not post notices of intention to self-harm or details of self-harm.
- Do not advertise/promote services
- Do not post details of Eating Disorder behaviour
- Do not pretend to be someone else
- Do not open more than one account
- Do not post if you’re under the age of 18 years
Anxious minds adhere to a child protection policy where the safety, protection and /or welfare of the child is paramount.
Religious and political posts are not allowed. Anxious minds are here to focus on the things that we have in common, not the things that set us apart.
All information posted on Anxious minds is completely confidential and may not be displayed anywhere else in any form. This is to protect site members.
List of Transgressions and Appropriate Censures
- Criticising another member
- Derailing a conversation/making off topic posts
- Insults to members/moderators
- Promoting illegal activities
- Posing as a professional
- Referring to other people by name /giving identifying info
- Posting details of Eating Disorder or self harm Behaviour
- Posting personal details
- Posing as a professional
- Asking for a medical diagnosis /medical advice
- Completely useless /offensive /trolling posts
- Posting of intention to self harm
- Astroturfing /pretending to be someone else
- Opening more than one account per person
- Being under 18 years of age
- Continuos insults to members/moderators