Our wish for the North East is that Veterans and their families receive fast access for mental health, and people affected by mental health and addiction issues receive the support they need that leads to living a fulfilling life through recovery & discovery.
Our work aims to:
- Improve physical and mental health and well-being
- Increase personal resources by building self-esteem, confidence and assertiveness
- Empower Veteran families to increase resilience and live safely and independently
- Support Recovery from addiction for women and veteran families
- Support Women in Crisis
- Suicide Prevention
Here at Anxious Minds, we believe that everyone deserves to get good mental health support a chance to recover and a safe space to live, a rewarding job, and a life free from mental health, addiction, or abuse. We also believe that people should be able to access mental health and addiction support services as quickly as possible preventing long-term problems, and with the right support, anyone can change their life for the better.
- Mental Health Support For Adults
- Mental Health Support For Children
- Outdoor Therapy
- Women Only Support Services
- Veteran Families Support Services
- Addiction Support
- Support into Education & Training
- Support Back to Work or Volunteering
- Support into Housing
- Suicide Prevention
- Advice Services Starting 2022
Upcoming fully funded courses for unemployed or people on low income less £16,000 a year
Supporting Veteran Families in Crisis
Some of the success stories
Veterans Addiction ServicesAnxious Minds talks with Dr Charlie Orton Ph.D - Chief Executive of SMART Recovery UK and her team talking about Partnership in a new approach to supporting Veterans with addiction and mental health.
Veterans Mental HealthAnxious Minds the Veterans North East Mental Health Charity WINS Three National Awards for its work with veterans in 2021 and we are just getting started.
- Best Vulnerable People Support Provider North East England Healthcare & Pharmaceutical Awards 2021
- Soldiering On Award 2021 (health and rehabilitation)
- Leading North East Mental Health Support Services of the Year 2021 UK Enterprise Awards
Veteran Families Supported When Needed MostThe local Infantry Regiment asked for our help with local Veteran families after been put on long waiting lists for mental health and crisis support,. within weeks we had veterans in counselling and families supported . Over one hundred Veteran families in the past seven months
We Never ClosedWe were with you every step of the way, The charity worked to keep its doors open every day and for those that couldn't come in to access the services, we provided support online, via video and telephone keeping you talking and looking after your emotional well-being and mental health.
Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear Covid -19
To Eddie and all the team at Anxious Minds. I want to express my deepest gratitude for the incredible support and service you have given during the COVID-19 crisis.
My Whole-hearted thanks for all you have contributed.
Mrs Susan M. Winfield Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear
Making someone smile is the most
beautiful thing in this world
Latest news from our blog
Keep up with all the exciting news about what’s happening at Anxious Minds, and find out all about our exciting projects and all our fundraising events