Understanding and Helping Improve Mental Health Support in the North East
Our Mission and Vision
Anxious Minds is a leading UK-based mental health charity dedicated to improving mental health services for people in the North East of England. Our mission is to promote mental well-being and support people living with mental health difficulties through the innovative programs, services, and advocacy support we offer.
Our Vision: A World Without Mental Health Stigma, Access to Early Intervention, and Long Term Support
At Anxious Minds, Our wish for the North East is that people affected by mental health, addiction, and abuse receive the support they need that leads to living a fulfilling life through recovery, education, support, and discovery. We believe that everyone deserves to live a life free from mental health stigma. Our vision is to create a world where mental health is as important as physical health, and people can access the support they need without fear of judgment or discrimination.
We work tirelessly to improve services and support and educate the public and raise awareness about mental health issues so that more people can get the help they need.
Improving Mental Health Services in the North East
We understand that mental health services can vary greatly from region to region and that people living in the North East of England often struggle to access the support they need. That’s why we’re committed to improving mental health services in the area so that everyone can get the help they need when they need it.
- We will put our service users at the focus of our development
- Make our support services easy to access
- Treat every service user as an individual
- We will build a trusting and safe environment for service users to achieve
- We will help and support each service user to reach their individual potential and achievable goals
- See a person beyond their diagnosis
Our Programs and Services
We offer a wide range of programs and services to help people living with mental health difficulties in the northeast of England. Some of our most popular programs include:
- Award-winning Counselling Services
- Support groups: We run regular support groups for people living with various mental health difficulties, where they can come together to share their experiences, learn from each other and provide mutual support.
- Advocacy: Our advocacy services help people navigate the mental health system and access the support they need. We work closely with mental health professionals to ensure that people’s rights are protected and they receive the care they need.
- Education and Awareness: We provide education and awareness programs to help people better understand mental health and reduce stigma. We also run regular workshops and training sessions for mental health professionals to help them provide better care for their patients.
- Outdoor Therapy gets people affected by mental health back into nature, improves self-esteem, builds self-confidence, helps them make friends, and improves fitness
- Multi Award-Winning Veterans and Families’ Support Services For Mental Health and Addiction
We’re proud of the work we’ve done so far, but we know there’s still a long way to go. Every day, we work to make a difference in the lives of people we serve, living with mental health difficulties in the North East of England. Our goal is to create a brighter future for everyone, and we’re committed to making it happen.
When you’re not feeling too good and experiencing a mental health problem, supportive and reliable information can change your life for the better. We empower people to understand their condition and the choices available to them through our :
- Drop-in Centres
- Peer Support Groups
- Counselling Service
- Well-being Classes and Workshops
- Online Community Website
- Addiction Support Groups
- Veteran Support Services
- Children’s Mental Health Services
- Domestic Violence Support
- Women only Centre’s
- Support Back into Work
Anxious Minds provides help and support directly to those who need it most. Our Teams offer specialised support and care based on the needs of the communities we serve.
Membership and networks
• Anxious Minds members are at the heart of everything we do. Join us, and we’ll keep you up to date on our work.
• We’re also developing local support networks for anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
• Find us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with what we’re doing – and how you can take part.
• We believe everyone with a mental health problem should be able to access excellent care and services. We also think you should be treated fairly, positively and with respect.
We can help bring about real change, end discrimination and promote good mental health for all through our training and consultancy. Anxious Minds offers a range of local services including workplace and in-house training
Some of our success stories
Trusthouse Charitable Foundation Funds Award Winning Veteran Families Project.Veteran Families Recovery College and Support Service receives 3 years of funding from the Trusthouse Charitable Foundation. This funding will help North East Veteran Families waiting for NHS veterans mental health services and provide long turn support for veterans and their families leaving the services.Trusthouse Charitable Foundation Funds Award Winning Veteran Families Project.
Raising Awareness of Men's Mental HealthAnxious Minds are proud to support Consett Rugby Club by sponsoring the Veterans teams shirt to raise awareness of men's mental health.Veteran Rugby Team
Veterans Addiction ServicesAnxious Minds talks with Dr Charlie Orton Ph.D - Chief Executive of SMART Recovery UK and her team talking about Partnership in a new approach to supporting Veterans with addiction and mental health.Supporting Veterans
Veterans Mental HealthAnxious Minds the Veterans North East Mental Health Charity WINS Three National Awards for its work with veterans in 2021 and we are just getting started.
Supporting Veterans in Crisis
- Best Vulnerable People Support Provider North East England Healthcare & Pharmaceutical Awards 2021
- Soldiering On Award 2021 (health and rehabilitation)
- Leading North East Mental Health Support Services of the Year 2021 UK Enterprise Awards
Veteran Families Supported When Needed MostThe local Infantry Regiment asked for our help with local Veteran families after been put on long waiting lists for mental health and crisis support,. within weeks we had veterans in counselling and families supported . Over one hundred Veteran families in the past seven monthsVeteran Families Support
We Never ClosedWe were with you every step of the way, The charity worked to keep its doors open every day and for those that couldn't come in to access the services, we provided support online, via video and telephone keeping you talking and looking after your emotional well-being and mental health.
Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and Wear Covid -19
To Eddie and all the team at Anxious Minds. I want to express my deepest gratitude for the incredible support and service you have given during the COVID-19 crisis.
My Whole-hearted thanks for all you have contributed.
Mrs Susan M. Winfield Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Tyne and WearWe Never Closed