Children’s Counselling Services
‘Growing up is not easy, and sometimes it’s hard
to cope with whatever life throws at you’
Young People Mental Health Services – can help if you:
- Feel sad or like you don’t want to be here any more
- Have problems with your family, friends or at school
- Hurt yourself or want to hurt yourself
- Feel anxious and scared
- Have problems with eating and food
- Have trouble talking or sleeping
- Feel depressed
- Feel angry or are struggling to control your behaviour or temper
- Find it hard to concentrate or get on with friends
- Have to check or repeat things, or worry about germs
- Don’t like yourself or have low self-confidence
How do I get help from a specialist?
Getting help from Anxious Minds service is easy, just give us a call 0191 262 0305
You may also find it helpful to speak to:
- Your GP
- Health Visitors
- Children’s Centres
If you or your child is being supported by social services or the youth offending team, your key worker will be able to refer your young person for an appointment with Anxious Minds service.
When is the transition from children to adult services?
The age children and young people move to another service can differ. For example, some transition at 16, others at 18 or older. The transition between services can be a scary time for young people as the teams they know and are used to working with change. However, you will still be with Anxious Minds and part of our amazing community.
This service will support Young People from the age of 14+
We don’t receive any funding for counselling services £20 per session
Please note: The Children’s Talking Therapies service is located in Wallsend North Tyneside
Counselling provided :